Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/klient.dhosting.pl/tlebioda/szymon.bike/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oshine-modules/includes/functions/helpers.php on line 462
pictures by Marek Ogień, Steff Gutovska and Carlo Beretta
Hi! I’m Szymon [SHI-mawn], I’m 30 years old, I grew up in Polish Pieniny mountains, now I’m living mostly on the road, just simply trying to do my best to be able to spend my time doing what I love, riding my bike in the mountains.
After I quit studies, three times, I decided to chase what I really wanted to do in my life, which led me to many beautiful places, giving me the opportunity to create photos, videos and stories. Memories.
From Scandinavia, where I used to earn extra money by catching summerjobs, to the south of Europe, where I spent the last few winters. I’ve mainly worked for the Cycle Sierra Nevada and Escapada Cycling as a guide and social media manager. This allowed me to continue traveling with my bike for the rest of the year, exploring new places, riding through some of the many mountain passes of the Alps or Dolomites, discovering new roads from Iceland to Morocco.
Here is the list of what I’ve done so far and what I am most proud of:
- I’m the author of the Roadtripping series from Norway, Calpe, Tirol and Sierra Nevada made for cyclingtips.com.
- I worked as a PR agent for a World Champion Michał Kwiatkowski, and it was me, who convinced him to go for the „kwiato” nickname.
- I used to race for 11 years, mainly on the roadbike, but also on mtb, where I won bronze medal in National Championships, now I’ve found a different way to finding joy from cycling, and called it Romantic Cycling, which has become quite a big movement now (already around 8k pictures on Instagram with my hashtag #kolarstworomantyczne).
- I’ve worked on various projects with tourism boards, mostly Visit Tirol and Visit Swiss.
- I’ve been a model, photographer, producer and scout for numerous cycling projects.
- My works were published in quite a few paper magazines like Kraft, Szosa, PNT, Magazyn Rowerowy or Far Ride Magazine.
- My picture won 2nd place in 2016 Mark Gunter Photographer of the Year Awards contest.
- Worked with many brands, helping promote their products and creating content.
- Currently writing a book about Romantic Cycling, fiding joy without competition and my attitude to modern sport.
See you on the road! Szymon.
Recently on Instagram: