- Online shop szymon.bike/shop/ is owned by Dariusz Trybocki – Freeride, ul. Korczaka 14/3, 81-473 Gdynia, NIP 586-205-06-882. The online shop carries out online retail sale activity. Orders are accepted only via the online shop at www.szymon.bike/shop.
- All products offered by the online shop are new, free of physical and legal defects, and have been legally put on the Polish market.
- All prices included in the online shop are gross prices and include VAT. The price displayed next to the product at the time of placing an order is binding for both parties.
- A VAT invoice can be issued upon request.
- Signing up to the online shop is voluntary, free of charge, and is not required for placing an order.
- During registration the system will collect and store basic information such as name, shipping address, telephone number used for the delivery, and invoice data. Creating an account makes future shopping easier, as the above-mentioned information does not need to
be provided again.
- To receive a VAT invoice, the buyer needs to tick the box “Issue VAT invoice” and provide full company information. The purchase receipt is enclosed to the package.
- Every order is followed by an electronic confirmation sent to the provided e-mail address immediately after making a purchase. It contains a summary of the order. A contract of sale between the buyer and the seller is concluded upon making an order.
- Goods ordered in the shop are shipped within 10 days of making the order unless specified otherwise in the product description. The timeframe does not include the delivery time.
Forms of payment
- The shop accepts the following forms of payment: bank transfer, credit card, PayPal, online transfer by tpay.com.
- If you have any questions regarding availability or specification of products, please contact us by e-mail before making the payment. If a product is not available, the payment will be returned. If an order cannot be completed due to the product being unavailable, the paid amount will be returned to the customer within 30 days of placing the order in full.
- Ordered products are delivered through Poczta Polska or delivery companies. A contract of sale is concluded at the time of making an order, therefore, if the ordered product is returned due to incorrect shipping details or a failure to receive the delivery by the buyer, the transaction will not be cancelled. The seller may seek compensation from a defaulting buyer for the incurred damage. If damage is incurred, the seller may seek judicial enforcement of claims.
Returns and replacements
The customer who is also a consumer, having entered into a remote contract, may withdraw from the contract without stating the reason by submitting a written declaration within 10 days of receiving the purchased product. In case of the buyer withdrawing from the contract, the contract is deemed void, while the buyer is relieved of their obligations thereunder. The subject of the contract should be returned in an unaltered state, unless alteration was reasonably necessary. The product should be returned within 14 days. Please, fill in, sign and include a written declaration of
cancellation to the returning package. If the buyer received a VAT invoice, its copy or number should be attached to the returned goods so that the invoice could be corrected. Cancellation of an invoice is not possible so do not include the original. The customer will be requested to sign and send back a copy of a correcting invoice, after which an exchange of products will be done. Please, pack the returned good securely and send them to: Szymon Kotowski, Szymonbike, ul. Dziennikarska 32/3, 01-605 Warszawa.
Guarantee and claims
- Under the Civil Code, damages of mechanical nature or resulting from inappropriate usage. or resulting from wear and tear are not subject to guarantee.
- Any claims under the guarantee shall be dealt with in accordance with currently applied legal norms. Under contracts concluded with customers who are also consumers, as stated by Art. 221 of the Civil Code, the seller is liable in case the product fails to meet the conditions of the contract, which can be reported by the buyer within 2 years of the delivery of the product. The buyer has to notify the seller about the product’s nonconformity with the contract in writing within 2 months of identifying the nonconformity. Buyer’s entitlements due to the product’s nonconformity with the contract are specified by the relevant regulations of law.
Personal data protection
- Personal data is collected in compliance with the safety requirements specified in the Personal Data Protection Act from 26 August 2002.